If you've never done something before you often need help to get started. This applies to many aspects of life and is the same in business. No more so than when meeting people to build your networking of contacts. We've also collated some tips that we hope will make it easier for you to make a start. This post is the first tip and gives you an idea of some questions you could ask when meeting someone new or if there is a lull in the conversation.
1. How did you get involved or started in your business….. ? or what made you decide to go into the ..business ?
2. What advice would you give someone if they wanted to be successful in your line of work ?
3. What do you love/enjoy most about what you do ?
4. How are you different from your competitors ?
5. What one thing would you do if you knew you were guaranteed to succeed ?
6. What have you found to be an effective way to promote your business ?
7. What do you do in your spare time ?
8. What would make someone the ideal employee for your business ?
9. How do you think we can work together for mutual gain ?
10. How shall we stay in touch ?
Can you think of any more ? What do our experienced networkers think - do you use any "stock in trade" questions ?